Featuring over two million holiday lights, Grand Geneva Resort & Spa is one of the Midwest’s top destinations for holiday cheer with its annual Christmas in the Country. A 6-week celebration for kids from 1 to 99, this cherished holiday tradition features over-the-top holiday décor, private igloo dining, breakfasts with Santa and the option to have a decorated Christmas tree in your hotel room.
Here are all of the reasons to add Grand Geneva’s Christmas in the Country celebrations to your holiday list:
- Breakfast with the Big Guy. Grand Geneva’s Breakfast with Santa takes place throughout resort restaurants Monday, November 21 then Saturday and Sunday mornings through Sunday, December 18. Due to its popularity, reservations must be made in advance by calling (262) 249-4788. Overnight guests can take advantage of a special holiday package. Seating is available from 8am-10:30am.
- Santa Mail: Speaking of the big guy, guests and visitors may take advantage of Grand Geneva’s magical mailbox and drop off letters to Santa Claus. Located in the resort’s main lobby, Santa’s helpers collect the mail daily at 4pm to mail it to the North Pole. The best part? Santa takes time out of his busy schedule to send a message back.
- An Igloo Experience. Baby, it’s cold outside but it's cozy inside one of Grand Geneva's igloos. Offered at the resort's Embers Terrace, visitors may reserve a private igloo for festive dining, holiday drinks, and gathering with friends and family. Available for up to 5 guests for a 90-min reservation.
- A Tree in Your Hotel Room. Have the resort’s holiday elves add a little magic to your stay at Grand Geneva or its on-site sister property Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark by adding a holiday tree to your room. Enjoy a fully decorated tree in your guestroom upon arrival, complete with ornaments, ribbon topper and an ornament for you to cherish at home (take-home ornament available at Grand Geneva only). It's all the Christmas cheer with none of the cleanup! Reservations are required with 72-hour advance notice, trees can be reserved by calling (262) 248-8811 ext. 3782.
- Gingerbread House Walk: Area residents, in both amateur and professional, adult and child categories, display their sugary masterpieces through the holidays, during a Gingerbread House Walk on the upper level in the resort's Brissago Foyer. View these sweet holiday creations daily from 8am-8pm.
- Where Santa Goes to Splash & Swim: Grand Geneva’s campus is also home to sister-property, Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark. An all-suite resort featuring rooms with kitchens and extra space, plus the resort’s indoor waterpark where it’s always a warm 86 degrees. A perfect holiday escape for families, the resort also offers Breakfast with Santa, and holiday hotel package deals.
- Trolley Tour of Lights: For some traditional holiday fun, hop aboard the heated and enclosed Grand Geneva trolley for a tour around the resort to enjoy its dazzling light displays and decorations, including its beloved 12 Days of Christmas animated display . The tours run through December 30 and are available hourly 5-8pm. Advance reservations can be made by calling (262) 248-8811 ext. 3782; most tours do sell out. For those who miss the trolley, you can take your own car down Grand Geneva Way, starting at Hwy 50.
- Go Big with a Festive Brunch: This year, Grand Geneva will be hosting a festive four-course Christmas Eve brunch featuring warm, traditional holiday favorites such as pull apart cinnabons, Procini and Chestnut Bisque; ChopHouse Seasoned Roasted Prime Rib; Honey & Citrus Glazed Ham; and more.
- Countdown to 2023: Ring in the new year at Grand Geneva and enjoy one of several dining options; champagne toasts, entertainment and a midnight balloon drop. Overnight packages and programming are available at both Grand Geneva and Timber Ridge, including a “NYE Hills and Thrills” ski and snowboarding package at Grand Geneva.
- Glass Tree: Come witness to the creation of the world’s tallest glass tree at Yerkes Observatory. Enjoy live glass blowing, wood working and steel sculpting; as well as a Winter Makers Market with local artisans and craftspeople. This free event takes place across three weekends from December 2 through December 18. Starting at sunset on Sunday December 18, the tree will be topped with a hand blown star measuring four-and-a-half feet.
- Winterfest: Head on down to the Riviera and Flat Iron Park in Lake Geneva for the 28th annual Lake Geneva Winterfest. Starting on February 1 stroll through the snow sculptures crafted by competitors from the U.S. National Snow Sculpting Championship, food and concessions provided by local businesses and organizations and winter fun in downtown Lake Geneva.
The holiday fun never ends at the Grand Geneva with options for the whole family. Make sure to put the Grand Geneva to your nice list this holiday season for an ideal getaway filled with joy and cheer!