Whether it’s through events, activities, or spending time on the Lake, it’s no secret that summer in Lake Geneva comes with endless opportunities for fun. But as the new season approaches and the leaves start to change, so does our Lake Geneva To-Do List. Fall brings a whole new wave of local activities and attractions that are sure to make this season an autumn-atic success!
We’re giving you our fall bucket list with our top 8 must-do local activities, but with a special twist. We challenge you to cross off as many activities from your own fall bucket list and share your photos with us for a chance to win a $100 Gift Card to Grand Geneva!
Here are the rules:
- Participate in as many fall activities as you can
- Take pictures and/or videos while you’re there
- Post your pictures on Facebook and/or Instagram using #GrandGeneva AND #FallBucketList (up until Sun, November 7)
- Anyone who participates using the hashtags above will be entered
- Winner will be chosen at random and announced on Mon, November 8
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa: OUR FALL BUCKET LIST
- APPLE BARN ORCHARD & WINERY September 18 marks the beginning of pick-your-own apple season! Pick from a wide variety of apples and only pay for what you pick. Enjoy complimentary wine tasting and explore the winery featuring award-winning wines created with real homegrown fruits. Complete your orchard experience at the country store & bakery. You’ll find homegrown apples, homemade cider, fruit wines, cider donuts, caramel apples, maple syrup, local honey, jams, jellies, butters, salsas, Wisconsin cheese, recipe books, gift cards, seasonal décor, candles, unique gifts, candy, & many more! For more info, visit: https://applebarnorchardandwinery.com/
- SAFARI LAKE GENEVA (through October) Wisconsin’s original drive-through safari adventure! Safari Lake Geneva is a unique wildlife preserve that is home to animals from around the world. Consistently ranked as one of the most exciting things to do in Lake Geneva, Safari Lake Geneva is a family-owned business and the brainchild of Wisconsin’s foremost exotic animal expert, “Jungle” Jay Christie. Christie had long dreamed of creating a refuge for the world’s diminishing breeds that allowed animals to roam vast acreage while confining people to “cages,” specifically their cars. The end result is a conservation park that allows animals to interact with other animals, oftentimes in herds, much as they would in their ancestral homelands.(online reservations required) For more info, visit: https://safarilakegeneva.com/
- LAKE GENEVA CRUISE LINE - FALL BOAT TOUR (through October) Fall aboard! Enjoy the beautiful colors of fall with views from the water during a Lake Geneva Boat Tour. Explore the beauty, architecture, scenery, and history of Lake Geneva on one of eight beautiful boats. A boat ride on Lake Geneva is a must-do during any season, but adding views of the fall foliage makes it truly spectacular. Choose the experience perfect for you with various tour options. For more info, visit: https://www.cruiselakegeneva.com/
- STREETS OF LAKE GENEVA - OKTOBERFEST (Oct 9 & 10) Visit Flatiron Park in downtown Lake Geneva for two days of festive fun featuring food, music, craft fair vendors, kids games and activities, and a Traditional Oktoberfest Beer Garden. Compete in a stein hoisting competition and enjoy some “Flipping Good Beer” served up by local favorite Topsy Turvy Brewery. Local vendors have you covered by offering delicious food such as Oktoberfest bratwursts, gourmet popcorn, roasted corn, over 10 flavors of cotton candy, smashburgers, pierogies and more! For more info, visit: https://bidevents.wixsite.com/lgoktoberfest
- PEARCE’S FARM STAND (through October) With a wide variety of available activities, you’ll find something for everyone! Have an a-maze-ing time working your way through the brand new, professionally designed 12-acre corn maze for an ultimate, fun-filled family experience (Saturdays & Sundays). You can also enjoy the large jumping bales, helicopter rides, and hayrides to the pumpkin patch. Pick up some fresh, locally grown produce to put in your next delicious home-cooked meal. For more info, visit: https://www.pearcefarms.com/
- LAKE GENEVA SCOOTER TOUR (through October) Explore the colors of fall on a scooter! Start at The Adventure Center at Grand Geneva for a full orientation and scooter ride training before you begin. Enjoy a guided tour with historical stops and stroll through six officially designated Wisconsin State Rustic Roads and see some of the best country scenery around. Circle the whole lake on some of the most fun, winding, hilly, woodsy roads. Scooter rentals are also available if you want to take the scooter for a tour of your own. For more info, visit: https://www.grandgeneva.com/things-to-do/adventure-center/lake-geneva-scooter-rental
- DAN PATCH STABLES (located at Grand Geneva) Enjoy fun and safe horseback riding for all ages. Take a guided trail ride that offers a scenic view of hundreds of acres of the beautiful Grand Geneva property. Visit the Petting Farm which features a variety of farm friends to interact with. Looking for something spook-tacular? Come to the stables weekends in October for a night of Haunted Hayride and Haunted Hay Barn fun! For more info, visit: https://danpatchstables.com/blog1/
- THE CANDLE MERCANTILE Bring the fragrance of fall into your home! Create your own fall candle through The Custom Scent Experience. Choose the fragrance of your choice or allow Scent Experts to help you narrow it down and create your very own custom scent. Pour your candle into the jar color of your choice and shop various home and body products. For more info, visit: https://thecandlemercantile.com/
Don’t miss out on peak fall colors! Keep your eye on Travel Wisconsin’s Fall Color Report to track fall colors throughout the state as the season progresses. You can also find a map of selfie stands to get pictures in the most scenic spots in Wisconsin.
Wisconsin Fall Color Report: https://www.travelwisconsin.com/fall-color-report