Christmas in the Country 2016
A Picture Perfect HolidayIt’s more than the lights outside – we’re showcasing all-NEW decorations indoors too! We’ve decked the halls with a brand new theme and new decorations once again. Capture the holiday memory within every scene. Take a photo with the Gingerbread Family or snap a pic in Santa's Workshop and make sure you wander through the Candyland display to choose your favorite treat to get your photograph with. Oh, and look for all of the different Elves throughout the resort.
22nd Annual Illumination Ceremony
Join Grand Geneva on Sunday, November 20, 2016 for the kickoff of the annual six-week long Christmas in the Country Celebration. We flip the switch on more than 2 million lights throughout the property, then follow it up with our dazzling grand fireworks display to kick off the holiday season. Discover even more holiday magic this season with the additional kids activities and live entertainment throughout the Grand Ballroom, Evergreen Ballroom and the Lobby. Enjoy holiday cookies and hot apple cider too. We ask that all guests bring a new, unwrapped toy to donate to United Way of Walworth County.
- We ask that all guests bring a new, unwrapped toy to donate to United Way of Walworth County
- Activities begin at 4:30pm in the Grand Ballroom, Evergreen Ballroom and the Lobby
- Photos with Santa begin at 4:30pm in the Evergreen Ballroom
- Raffles will take place to support United Way of Walworth County
- Gather outside by the large Christmas tree at 6pm for the countdown to the illumination of holiday lights and fireworks
- Letters to Santa in the Lobby
- All are welcome to come back inside after fireworks for more games and activities and photos with Santa
Gingerbread House Display
Area residents, in both amateur and professional, adult or child categories, display their masterpieces beginning November 20 through the holidays, just outside Ristorante Brissago. Come in and view these fabulous creations!
Want to enter a Gingerbread House? Please let us know in advance by emailing GGEscapades@GrandGeneva.com or calling (262) 248-8811 by November 10. Limited registrations are being accepted.
The completed gingerbread houses can be delivered to the hotel lobby on November 16 or 17, between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m., along with the completed entry form, which is available here.
Breakfast with Santa
Join us for live holiday music and meet Santa while enjoying a delicious breakfast buffet. We're featuring fun holiday activities, plus separate kids' and adults' buffets to accommodate every taste. All attire is welcome, whether you want to dress up for your photo with Santa or show up in your PJ's. It's almost as fun as Christmas morning.
- Every Saturday and Sunday, Nov 26 - Dec 24
- 8am - 12pm
- Adults $30, Kids (6-12) $18, Kids (2-5) $10
- Please call (262) 249-4788 to make your reservation.
- Reservations recommended.
During this festive time of year, Grand Geneva will be bringing you special afternoon Holiday Tea. Reserve a table and take a step back in time and tradition.
- November 27 - December 24
- 11am-2pm daily
- $14.95 per person
Trolley Tour of Lights
Hop aboard the Grand Geneva trolley for a tour around the resort to see all
of our decorations.
- Tours available hourly at 5, 6, 7 and 8 pm
- Meet at the concierge desk
- The trolley is heated and enclosed
- Reservations are highly recommended, most tours do sell out
Please call (262) 248 - 8811 ext. 3782 to make your reservations.
Bring your list and check it twice! Visit Santa and his elves while enjoying musical performances on Saturdays. Local High School entertainment will perform throughout the season.
- Every Saturday, Nov 26 - Dec 24
- Santa: 2pm-4pm
- Live Holiday Music: 1:30-3:30pm
Elf Mail Run
Drop off your letters to Santa in our magical mailbox located in the main lobby and Santa will send a message back for the kids. Then, join us daily at 4pm as Santas helpers collect the mail to deliver to the North Pole.
Classic Holiday Tale
Join us every day from Nov. 25 - Dec. 23 for a cozy reading of a classic holiday story, for children of all ages. We encourage the little ones to come in pajamas and slippers, as guests will be invited to relax while we bring a holiday story to life.
Music to Your Ears
Relax with a holiday beverage as you enjoy live entertainment.
New Years Eve
Ring in the New Year in "Grand" style! Whether you choose to celebrate over a romantic meal in one of our restaurants, with a gathering of friends, or with your family, we offer a variety of packages and dining options. Plus, enjoy a fireworks display to ring in the new year!
Call (800) 558-3417 to make your room reservation.